Apply by 20 January 2014 for support to attend:
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG) Provincial Fellows Annual Scientific Meeting, Port Lincoln 13-16 March 2014
- Rural Health West Annual Conference and Trade Exhibition: The future of rural health care, Perth 15-16 March 2014
- Australian Telehealth Conference: Building for the future, Melbourne 19-20 March 2014
- Australasian Society for Infectious Diseases (ASID) Annual Scientific Meeting, Adelaide 26-29 March 2014
- Perinatal Society of Australia and New Zealand (PSANZ) 17th Annual Congress, Perth 6-9 April 2014
For full details, see the Eligible conferences list.
Current RAMUS scholars and former scholars who are RAMUS Alumnus members can apply for support to attend selected conferences. The Conference Placement Program supports about 35 grants each semester.
The maximum level of assistance is $1500.
The Conference Placement Program aims to assist scholars and alumni to attend selected conferences that will:
- encourage current and former RAMUS scholars’ choice of a rural career; and/or
- broaden their professional knowledge relating to rural medical practice; and/or
- provide useful information about living and working in rural communities; and/or
- enable them to establish contacts for future rural employment or postgraduate training placements.
A list of eligible conferences is issued every semester. To be eligible conferences must:
- be held in Australia;
- have a strong rural and remote health context and/or enhance clinical skills in rural practice;
- have significant rural and remote and/or Indigenous health academic content; and
- provide opportunities for networking and information exchange with rural health practitioners, service providers and/or training organisations.
Full details of the criteria for eligible conferences, the application and selection process, the levels of funding available, and the payment and reporting requirements are given in the CPP Guidelines.
Scholars and alumni can propose that a conference be added as eligible for the CPP. Refer to the CPP Guidelines for details of how to do this.
How to apply for a CPP grant
Apply using the CPP Application Form and submit it by email to email@example.com by the due date given on the list of eligible conferences. Please note that applications submitted after the due date may not be considered.
To complete requirements for payment of the second instalment of a Conference Placement Program grant, recipients must provide a statutory declaration. The declaration must be provided as a hard copy. Please download and complete the declaration and post it to:
RAMUS Conference Placement Program
National Rural Health Alliance
PO Box 280
DEAKIN WEST ACT 2600