The Commonwealth Government has announced, as part of the 2015 Budget, that the Rural Australia Medical Undergraduate Scholarship (RAMUS) is closed to new entrants. New RAMUS scholarships are no longer available.
- Centrelink: for information about Australian Government income support payments for students through Centrelink:
- Government support for rural health students: Australian Government Department of Health information for students interested in commencing a career as a health professional:
- Country Education Foundation of Australia: An annually published scholarships guide
- Rural locations: to check the remoteness classification of a particular location under the Australian Standard Geographical Classification - Remoteness Area (ASGC-RA) scheme:
- Statutory declarations: for information about statutory declarations and to download a Commonwealth Statutory Declaration form:
- Tax status of scholarships: the Australian Taxation Office’s ‘Is your scholarship taxable?’ calculator will help you to work out whether a particular scholarship is taxable: