The Commonwealth Government has announced, as part of the 2015 Budget, that the Rural Australia Medical Undergraduate Scholarship (RAMUS) is closed to new entrants.
Given the changes currently underway to the overall rural health scholarship system, new RAMUS scholarships are no longer available.
- Centrelink: for information about Australian Government income support payments for students through Centrelink:
- Government support for rural health students: Australian Government Department of Health information for students interested in commencing a career as a health professional:
- National Rural Health Alliance: the Alliance is the peak non-government organisation for rural and remote health in Australia. It administers the RAMUS Scheme on behalf of the Australian Government:
- Rural locations: to check the remoteness classification of a particular location under the Australian Standard Geographical Classification - Remoteness Area (ASGC-RA) scheme:
- Statutory declarations: for information about statutory declarations and to download a Commonwealth Statutory Declaration form:
- Tax status of scholarships: the Australian Taxation Office’s ‘Is your scholarship taxable?’ calculator will help you to work out whether a particular scholarship is taxable: